Friday, December 5, 2008

Unity Among Us All (3rd assignment in English)

To: Nitrogen and Gold
From: Richard Ong III Aluminum

Message:

I am quite glad that we are finally opening up to each other.:)
This assignment is a good way to break down those imaginary walls
between us all. Allow me to share to you this long letter. (Here goes!
hehe) I have been studying here in Trinity for 3 years now, and this
is the only year when I noticed the walls between us emerged. I never
thought that it would turn out this way. For all I know, we were all
friends and close to each other all along. But what is this imaginary
wall between us? Why did this emerge in the first place? Sometimes we
just have to admit that there is really this "thing" about star
sections that Trinity never fails to do, and the "lower" sections are
the ones who are able to feel this sort of "discrimination" that
sometimes, I can't blame them for feeling that way. I have asked
alumnis, even dating back to the 1990s, and they all say the same that
eversince, there is really this special treatment to star sections.
The best room should be given to the star section, the best offers and
teaching should be in the star section, the best gatherings and
activities should only be done by the star section, etc. etc. They
always make it a point that we should never have the same lunchtime.
Let's admit it guys, It's true. Sometimes it makes me sad. Sometimes i
thought of thinking of writing to the office regarding that. I thought
that star sections should only be the place for the smart kids,
ranking and all, but I never knew that there should exist a special
treatment to them. Where is the equality? It's all so unfair right? In
my former schools, I was always in the star section, but guess what, I
never knew that. I only knew it when I was about to graduate. I said
to myself, "I was in the star section all along?! hahaha". Why did I
say that, it's because there never existed a special treatment. But
you know what? I realized, Eventhough that there is that "special
treatment" thing, as long as all of us know how to unite, those walls
will never emerge. Nevermind the special treatment, discrimination,
and whatsoever, because all that can be disregarded if we all know how
to act justly and are friendly to one another. Disregard the "winning
in competitions" thing because it really depends on how one section
prepares for it. If you work hard and prepare for it, you deserve it.
Take for example the chorale, It is a mix of sections in the 3rd year,
and guess what? We are all close to each other. Why? because we
interact, no special treatment, we bond, we share our thoughts and
ideas, and most specially, we all love each other. If only we would
learn how to unite. If only we all will look at the bright side and
disregard that special treatment in our minds, things will be much
much better. It makes me happy knowing that the section Gold is
willing to break down that wall and know their fellow batchmates
more..:) Believe us guys, we want to make friends with you..:) Just
allow us to cross that bridge.:) I hope the office will be able to
read this for them to know what we are all thinking. Anyway, it's in
the handbook,

"We uphold honesty, accountability and FAIRNESS"

So to all my fellow batchmates, It's time to make a difference. It's
time to break down those imaginary barriers. We all should unite and
interact. Before the school makes an action, It should start among
ourselves.:) Peace to all and Merry Christmas!:)

No comments: